Consumers are using their mobile devices to access the Internet more than ever before – and it’s expected to grow at astonishing rates over the next 12 months and beyond. Here’s some facts:
- There are approximately 4 BILLION mobile subscribers across the world.
- Most mobile device users keep their phones within arm’s reach over 90 percent of waking hours.
- Nielsen predicts that smart phones will account for nearly half of worldwide mobile sales by 2013. This is a clear indication of how much more the Internet will be accessed via mobile devices.
- People in developed countries today are spending an average of three hours per day on the Internet from their mobile devices.
- Over the past few years, the shipment of mobile handsets has grown 16% annually – reaching 400 million sold in the last quarter of 2010. Mobile device companies sold a total of 1.39 billion units in 2010.
- Approximately 30% of U.S. mobile phone users have a smartphone according to Nielsen. This number is expected to grow to approximately 43% by 2015 according to eMarketer.
- In 2009, approximately half a BILLION people went online using their mobile device. This number is expected to double within the next 5 years.
- By 2014, mobile Internet usage is expected to exceed desktop Internet usage.
- According to Nielsen, 70% of mobile users plan to upgrade to 4G service within the next year so they can have faster Internet speed while using their mobile devices.
- According to founder and CEO of Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos, customers around the world have ordered more than $1 BILLION U.S. dollars from Amazon.com using a mobile device.
- Gartner also predicts that by 2014, more people will access the internet from their mobile devices than from their PC desktops.
- According to Facebook official statistics from January 2011, more than 200 million users (out of over 600 million Facebook users) access Facebook using their mobile devices; also, mobile Facebook users are twice as active as non-mobile users.
- More than 200 million YouTube views occur on mobile devices every day.
- 86% of mobile Internet usage happens while the users are watching TV.
- Mobile marketing methods have proven to be effective in acquiring new customers, providing service to existing customers, and driving repeat business through relationship-building.
- When combined with other marketing methods, mobile marketing has proven to increase conversion rates.
- Studies show that as time goes on, people will prefer to deal with technology over human interaction.
Now, you know why you should build a mobile compatible website, apps, mLearning or even a mobile eCommerce shop for your business.
Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Get Free Consultation